Incentives for Apprentices: Barrie, Brampton, Mississauga or Vaughan branches
October 23, 2020
IBEW apprentices have a higher completion rate, and on average score higher in all levels of trade school than others. But wait, there’s more…
For the sake of this example let’s imagine that New Electric is IBEW and you are an apprentice working out of one of these branches: Barrie, Brampton, Mississauga or Vaughan.
In yesterdays update you saw how having an IBEW benefit plan increases the buying power of your net pay every week. Today, let’s see how being an IBEW apprentice can make your net pay go even further.
The following incentives would be yours as an apprentice in IBEW Local 353…
Bonus hours that would be credited to your Training Agreement…
- 750 hours credit for Pre-Apprentices having completed the required high school Math, English and Physics courses (250 hours ea.).
- 52 hours per week maximum for hours worked.
- 55 hours for completion of WHMIS, Fall Protection, First Aid, CPR, Ropes & Rigging, Live Apparatus, Confined Spaces, Tag & Lock Out, Tester Awareness and Accident Investigation Training (all free of charge).
- But that’s not all. Your Basic, Intermediate and Advanced trade school hours will also be credited to your apprenticeship. Plus, we will credit hour for hour all additional hours of trade related courses attended. That includes supplementary training courses (STC’s), Accident Prevention Education Program (APEP), health and safety or other trade related courses taken through the community colleges and our Member Education Department.
Financial Incentives and Support
- $400 registration fee covered for Basic
- $500 registration fee covered for Intermediate
- $500 registration fee covered for Advanced
- $900 Bursary for successfully completing trade school ($300 per level)
- $1200 EI top up while attending Basic trade school (eight weeks)
- $1,500 EI top up while attending Intermediate trade school (ten weeks)
- $1,500 EI top up while attending Advanced trade school (ten weeks)
- Plus, two free Code books during the course of your apprenticeship
Last, but not least…
- $650 for successfully passing the C of Q exam on their first write
For more information or to contact us click below…