Incentives for Apprentices: Brantford, Oakville or Stoney Creek Branches
October 26, 2020
IBEW apprentices have a higher completion rate, and on average score higher in all levels of trade school than others. Let’s unpack this a bit more…
Let’s imagine that New Electric is IBEW and you are an apprentice working out of one of these three branches: Brantford, Oakville or Stoney Creek.
As you saw in Thursday and Friday’s update, having an IBEW benefit plan as well as an IBEW apprenticeship increases the buying power of your net pay every week. Today, let’s see how being an IBEW apprentice in Local 105 (serving the Brantford, Oakville and Stoney Creek branches) compares in making your net pay go further.
The following incentives would be yours as an apprentice in IBEW Local 105…
- 500 hour credit for attending extra education
and up to…
- 1,000 hours can credited for approved skills upgrading and schooling
- 48 hours per week for hours worked
- 130 hours for 4 levels of safety training
- 1,038 hours upon completion of Basic, Intermediate and Advanced trade school
Where else, but in the IBEW would you reliably… dependably be credited hour for hour all additional hours of trade related courses attended including: trade school, supplementary training courses, Accident Prevention Education program, Health & Safety or other trade related courses taken through the community colleges and our members education department?
The safety courses mentioned above are as follows:
- WHMIS 2015
- Standard First Aid and CPR
- Intro to Arc Flash
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Access Structures
- House Keeping
- Electrical Hazards
- Installing Wire and Cabling
- Working at Heights
- Proximity Testers
- Hoisting and Rigging
- Working in Confined Space
- Tag & Lock Out
- Working On or Near Energized Equipment
- Telehandler Training
- Basics of Supervision.
Financial Incentives and Support
Full coverage of the Basic, Intermediate and Advanced tuition fee with a pass in all courses and a GPA over 70% (costs differ between the colleges).
Last but not least
We offer a free C of Q prep course to our apprentices to help them attain their goal of becoming journey persons.